Saturday 4 February 2012

Never Give Your Heart To a Block Head

It's been a while since my first post, but to be honest I didn’t really know what to say. But this week I’ve been making hanging hearts that I want to give to my close friends and family and theoretically the people who each have a tiny piece of my heart. What I meant by this is God has my whole heart but I’m vulnerable and intimate (in a clean way) with these people and do I trust these people with little pieces of my heart!!!!
So one challenge for you readers is the question: who that is close to you, would you trust with a piece of your heart??

Later on in the week I was looking through old memory things and found this top that I had bought not to wear but because I loved what it said. The top had a picture of peppermint paddy and snoopy on it and it said "don't give your heart to a block head". Now I’m pretty sure that this is aimed at guys - so women out there - why is it that we are so quick to give our hearts and bodies to any old block head?? As for men, why is it that you are so quick to take it??
Now I’m not generalizing as not all of you will be so quick and it might be the opposite way round, but when that piece of our heart or body is gone, why is it that then - and only then - we realise that our hearts aren’t invincible?

Okay, so society is to blame for some of it; making us think that we need to be in a relationship or to share our bodies with any randomer we see. Also the media is to blame by putting images and those fantasies in our heads, but - coming down to the hard question - why is it that we want to share ourselves with loads of people? We wonder why we have to put walls up around our heart to make sure that another piece doesn’t get taken again and we isolate and distance ourselves. I’m not blameless here I’ve done it, but I have learnt that I can have a greater intimacy and that’s with God. For some of you, you'll be rolling your eyes right now, but I put those walls up and I isolated myself and it was only through God that those walls came down and my heart became whole again.. and now, well now I’m waiting for gods guidence

sorry if its a little heavy but this is what has been on my heart all week, but next time ill put up how to make the hanging hearts
god bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment